In 2019, OA/CESRT provided the Vial Refugee Camp with almost 15,000 liters of water per day. In total, OA/CESRT supplied 450,000 liters.
By providing water and other NFIs (non-food items) listed below, OA/CESRT sought to better the living conditions of refugees residing in Vial Camp and other locations on the island of Chios.
Following are some of the items we have supplied to Vial Camp and other partner organizations:
- Baby supplies: diapers, baby wipes, baby trolleys.
- Clothe and shoes for children, babies, men
- Bedding: bed sheets, pillows, towels, cushioned,
- Hygiene items: toothbrushes, soap, shampoo shower gel, liquid soap, sanitary pads, diapers adults.
- Mobility aid equipment: wheelchairs, crutches.
- Heating equipment: Quartz overhead Radiant Heater, Solar Water Heaters.
- Shelter: sleeping bags, tents, tarpaulins,
- Furniture for the camp: pallets, ground seats, picnic tables (100 pieces), playground of wood, shadow net, benches, small tables, wooden chips.
- Others: sewing machine, fridges, refrigerator, gravel driveways, children’s toys, etc.
- Drinkable Water: Between 01/08/2018 and 31/08/2018: 75,000 liters.
- Water: Between 01/08/2019 and 31/08/2019 we supplied 450,000 liters.